Get hands-on instruction and practice deploying and migrating roles and services with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this three-day Microsoft Official Course. In this course, you will learn how to plan for and deploy your Windows Server infrastructure in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. You will learn about different deployment methodologies and techniques, as well as general imaging usage and configuration. You will also learn how to use Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and how to work with deployment tools such as the Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (Windows ADK), the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP), and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). You will also learn how to plan for virtualizing server workloads and considerations around technologies available for networking and storage, as well as considerations for specific applications such as SQL, Exchange, and other application workloads.
This course also focuses on migrating essential components within your server infrastructure to Windows server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It covers the migration of core infrastructure technologies such as migrating Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). This course also describes in detail the migration of File and Web servers, Hyper-V, Windows Update services (WSUS), and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). It also covers consideration options available for extending some of your workloads into Microsoft Azure to allow for on- and off-premise as well as hybrid deployment scenarios.
The detailed hands-on labs, and in-depth content and learning provides you the knowledge and skills to deploy and migrate your Windows Server infrastructure and its constituent components with minimal overhead and cost for one-off or large scale deployments.
- Prepare to deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the various methods of deploying Windows Server 2012.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using Windows Deployment Services and MDT.
- Plan to virtualize workloads in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Upgrade and migrate core networking services to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate file services and Web and application servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Upgrade and migrate AD DS to Windows Server 2012.
- Implement Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Azure AD).