In this course, students learn core skills that are common to almost all SharePoint development activities. These include working with the server-side and client-side object models, developing and deploying features, solutions, and apps, managing identity and permissions, querying and updating list data, managing taxonomy, using workflow to manage business processes, and customizing the user interface.
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and authorization.
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle.
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps.
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps.
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes.
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of user interface elements.
- Customize navigation and site branding.