This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 10.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 PC.
- Resolve issues that pertain to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 devices remotely.
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and issues with application of Group Policy Objects.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from devices that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from devices that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to application installation and operation.
- Maintain a device running Windows 10.
- Recover a device running Windows 10.