This certification course introduces ITIL® 4 and how the global service management best practice has evolved to manage services holistically across a Service Value System (SVS). ITIL® 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions of ITIL® and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation.
ITIL® 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show how organizations and work can improve with the ITIL® 4 guidance. The qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working.
This is a full training package that includes knowledge transfer as well as the associated certification exam.
- This is a 3-day instructor-led virtual or classroom course
- The certification exam voucher allows students to schedule their ITIL® 4 Foundation exam for a convenient date / time / location after completion of the training session – the exam will be remotely proctored (requires a laptop with a webcam and internet access)
- Instructor led virtual or classroom environment with a maximum of 25 students per session
- Self-paced study format via a Learning Management System
- To receive certification, the candidate must successfully pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions, 60 minutes, closed-book examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 65% (26 out of 40)
- Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working languagemay be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total
This certification is essential for anyone who works with products and services, and will be of particular interest to:
· Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management
· ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
· Individuals working in other parts of “IT” (digital, product, development) with strong interface with service delivery
· Existing ITIL® qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
The ITIL® 4 Foundation exam tests whether you can recall and understand the ITIL® 4 service management framework well enough to be awarded the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification. The Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the higher ITIL® 4 qualifications, which assess your ability to apply your understanding of the framework in context.
The qualification will provide the student with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working, including:
- Part 1: Key Service Management Concepts
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Part 2: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System Organization structure
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system
- Part 4: Governance
- Basic understanding of how governance is integrated into the ITIL® service value system
- Part 5: ITIL® Guiding Principles
- Understand how the ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Part 6: ITIL® Service Value Chain
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Part 7: Continual Improvement
- Understand Continual Improvement’s role in the Service Value System and the Continual Improvement Model
- Part 8: ITIL® Practices
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL® practices and understand the details of 7 of these ITIL® practices
- Part 9: Exam Review and Course Closure
- Digital copy of the learner materials, study-aids and sample exam
- Digital copy of the official ITIL® 4 Foundation core guidance
- Certification exam voucher